Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Welcome!

It's official... We are having a baby!!!! Our due date is September 24, 2010, and we are so excited! With relatives and friends in all areas of the country, we have decided that blogging about our pregnancy and progress would be the easiest way to keep everyone up to date. I am about 11 weeks along, and other than my complete lack of energy (I have not seen 10pm in a VERY long time), I feel really good. I haven't had any morning sickness (knock on wood), and have actually lost a few pounds (I'm eating smaller, more frequent meals). Though, not feeling many symptoms and not having a sonogram and seeing the baby yet, was making me a bit nervous. Luckily, Wednesday was our second visit with Dr. P and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat! :) But, let me back up and share the entire experience with you, because in hindsight, I find it hysterical... Our appointment was at 4pm, and it has already become obvious to us that "waiting" is going to be a staple at every visit. After about 45 min. it's my turn and after peeing in ANOTHER cup, I am told that I will have to have blood drawn at today's visit. Now, for anyone that really knows me, I DO NOT do well with blood and/or needles... I mean I cannot even watch someone receiving a needle on television (Yes, it's THAT bad). But, for the sake of my baby, I put on my brave face and rolled up my sleeve, ugh. The lovely woman about to take my blood then opens her supply drawer and pulls out 8, yes EIGHT, vials to fill. My head starts to spin and all I can think is "There is NO way that these are all for me!" ...oh, but they are. She begins filling each vial while I begin to sweat. After about the fifth tube, and I have lost all control, the woman asks if I am ok, just in time to hold me up while I pass out! Lol! They begin fanning me, feeding me candy and soda, and scare the living daylights out of Jason, who is patiently "waiting" in the other room. I finally gain my composure only to hear that everyone is glad that I am alright, but I still need to give more blood. Yay :( Before they decide to stick me again, they let the doctor see me. And that was when the appointment turned around. She began searching my belly to hear that baby's heartbeat... and then she found it! It was so loud and fast and STRONG! It made everything so much more real. Needless to say, the rest of the appointment was a breeze... I even stayed conscious for the second round of blood tests! <-- My mom must be so proud! Our first sonogram will be on March 17th, and we honestly can't wait. We'll keep you posted. Love to you all.

No comments: