Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Name Changes

I love this little  story from my childhood, I want to share it with you.

     Both of my Grandmother's are/were (my Dad's mom passed away when I was 12) named Barbara.  Therefore, when I was born, it seemed fitting that Barbara would be my middle name.  I think that it was at about the age of 5 or so that I realized these things, and over the next few days, I became very confused. 

     About a week after my new discovery, I was in the car with my Mom, heading to her Mom's (Barbara) house, when I decided to throw my Mom for a loop.  I asked, with a straight face and a lot of concern... "Mommy, when do I have to change my name?" 

     SHOCKED, my Mom replied, "What are you talking about?  WHY would you have to change your name?"

     I came back with, "I mean, do I have to wait until I become a grandmother, or will it happen sooner?"

     Not catching on, she dug for more details, and I then asked, "Well, when are you changing your name to Barbara?" Having finally put it all together, she burst out laughing, and explained to me that not ALL Grandmother's were named Barbara.  Just mine. 

Lol!  I really thought that at some point we all changed our names to Barbara.  Seems silly now, but I think that I was one intuitive little 5 year old :)

Happy Saturday!

xoxo. 

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Ha ha! Awww you have to love children..just wait until ours get older and say things like that. It will be the funniest thing! Hope you are having a great Easter Weekend! :)

Megan said...

cute story!! :)

Natalie and Lee said...

Just came across your blog... haha, what a cute story!! :)

the workaholic momma said...

Oh my goodness - what a funny story!!! That's hysterical:) Hope you guys are having a wonderful Easter weekend:)