Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

How In The World?!?!

I was going to do a "Wordless Wednesday" today, but I thought that after my long weekend away, I needed to get back into the swing of things.

     I have already admitted that I am an addict of Reality TV, there is something about it that ropes me in, even when dumber than dumb.  After having Gwen, and watching some shows, I have started to wonder a few things:

  1. How in the world do these girls from "16 & Pregnant" survive?  I am 27 years old, married, and what I consider to be stable... and I still find it challenging.  Rewarding all the same, but I couldn't imagine doing this at 16.  Or single.  I have a new found respect for single mothers as well... we should all applaud you.  Seriously.
  2. How in the world do people not know they are full term pregnant like the women on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"?  These women give birth in bathroom stalls, with no pain meds, medical attention, or PREPARATION!!!!!  Are you kidding me?  I couldn't imagine saying "Hey, I have to poop. No, wait, it's just a baby!"  More power to you ladies...
  3. How in the world do Moms handle multiples?!?!  Jason has triplet brothers, and I tell his mom all the time... I do not know how you did it!  Grant it, they are blessings, but I lost so much sleep with 1, could you imagine that times 3, 4, 5?  Just thinking about it makes me tired.
  4. How in the world does it cost so much to have a baby?!?! Lol.  Ok, so we have great insurance, but when you see that bill from the hospital, I am pretty sure that your jaw drops, because you could have bought a car, a VERY NICE CAR!  AND, if there were a running tally of all the things that we buy for our little bundle of joy... well, I think that we would be sent into heart failure.  I don't want to speak for everyone, but Gwen's worth it. 
  5. How in the world are we going to be able to send our kids to college?!?!  In 18 years, I am sure that we will be paying about $100,000 a year... Holy Crap... I think I need to go make a drink. :)
  6. How in the world did parents function without all of these crazy gadgets that we have now?  Monitors, jumpers, harnesses, sound machines, etc.  I couldn't imagine ever driving with an infant without a car seat, but it happened.  Nor could I imagine not being able to see Gwen's every movement while she sleeps, but it happened.
 Just some food for thought.
With all that said, all I can think is...
How in the world could I love someone anymore than I love Gwen?
Answer:  I can't. :)

xoxo.



2 comments:

Megan said...

I love your how in the world list!!

I really dislike 16 and Pregnant, just because....I don't know. I haven't watched it, so I really don't know much about it, but I don't know why you would make a show about being 16 and pregnant.

And YES, having a baby is $$$. Ridiculous!

the workaholic momma said...

Ha! Awesome post - I totally agree - I have said to my friend on multiple occasions that I cannot comprehend how young girls, single moms, or mothers of multiples do it. I was so worn out those first couple of months (well really, i still am:)) and that was with just 1 and a supportive hubs!!

Hope you guys are having a great week!