Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Profiling ~ Chapter 2



This is mi madre.
Isn't she beautiful?!

My mom, Cynthia (Gwen's middle name), is one of the strongest women I know.  She is what I picture when the word "warrior" is used.  Weird?  Maybe, for you, but underneath her nurturing exterior, there is a protective, opinionated (in a good way), and independent, mother/daughter/sister/friend.

We (her & I) have had our ups and downs (I wasn't the BEST teenager), but our relationship is the absolute strongest that it has ever been.  Maybe it takes becoming a mom to really appreciate your own... I mean, I have always APPRECIATED her, but to know that my mom loves me the immense way that I love Gwen is just, well, flattering. 

5 Random Facts About My Mom

1.  She is a VERY talented baker.  Although, it is not her profession, she is so great at it!  Birthday cakes, pies, cookies, you name it... She and my Pop-Pop made our wedding cake in Puerto Rico!  It was delish! (And pretty too!)

2.  She LOVES the beach!  Like me, she could spend all day, every {sunny} day, at the ocean.  And she is tan pretty much the minute she hits the sand... grr {I did not inherit that}.

3.  She is one of four, well actually, including her step-sibs, she is one of 10!!!!   And I thought 2 sounded like a lot, lol.

4.  She was a great softball player, a catcher, which ended up costing her knees {she literally had no cartilage left in knees at a very early age}.  She played in high school, in women's leagues, and even coached my softball teams for as long as I could remember.  Even though she no longer plays, it is something that will always remind me of her. 

5. It's her birthday today!!!  Happy Birthday, Mom/Wela!  We are SO lucky to have you in our lives! 

So, PLEASE leave some love for my Momma, I'll pass it along, as we are out celebrating today :)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like you have a great mother! Happy Happy Birthday to her! :)

the workaholic momma said...

AAWW - soo sweet!!! Belate birthday wishes to your beautiful momma from me....sorry I was MIA from blogging for the past few days and am just now catching up!

Hope you guys had a wonderful day together.

And you're SO right...having a child of your own really brings a whole new dimension to your love and understanding of your own momma!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cindy
Hope to see you soon
Beth & Joseph