Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 20

Day 20 - How important you think education is.

Very.  Who doesn't? BUT, I also believe that an education is not just what is taught in the classroom, out of a book, and told to you by others.  Some of the best learning experiences are just that...  experiences.  I think that "book smart" can only take you so far.  That "street smart" is almost more important, because without common sense, we are lost.

I also believe that it should not be forced.  That you need to know what you want to do with your life.  You can't pursue education just because it's "what you are supposed to do" you have to want it.

When thinking about Gwen and what I will say to her about education, I think that I will tell her to strive to find an occupation that she LOVES.  That no matter the commute, hassle, hustle or bustle she will still be able to say she enjoys it.

Ugh... the things that parents have to think of, lol!

1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

uugghhh....this is a tough thing to think about!!! I hope Addie enjoys school as much as I did (for the social aspect...ha!) but I think common sense takes you much further in life than book smarts could ever dream to take you!