Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Always Knew I Hated Mondays...

It has been decided... Gwen will have surgery Monday morning. Uuuuggggghhhhhh!  I hate it.  I HATE IT.  But, it is the best option for Gwen.

If the hernia were to reoccur, it could be much more serious.  It could cause bowel obstruction or even cause permanent damage to the ovary, which could affect her fertility if damaged.  {Thanks Christine for all of your help and info :)}

So, it is our JOB as parents to make the best decision for Gwen and her health.  And it is best to do this "on our own terms" in a "controlled environment" which is why we have decided to proceed.

Please DO NOT think that I am taking this lightly.  As soon as I got off of the phone with the Surgeon I cried for a good 20 minutes.  I can't help it.  Everything about this scares the shit out of me.  It does.  Why shouldn't it?  But, I reel my self back in by thinking "Do I EVER want to see her go through that again?"  Simple answer, no.

So, from here until Monday morning, I am going to "forget" about this as best I can.  Be positive.  And pray my little butt off that everything goes off without a hitch.

AND, my friends, I am relying on you as well.  Please pray for Gwen.  For the smoothest surgery possible.  For the Dr. to bring his best "A" Game, lol {you know what I mean}.  For an easy recovery.  That this will all be behind us sooner than we know.

Thank you for EVERYONE'S well wishes and prayers that they have already sent our way.  You are all so encouraging.  We love you.

Thankfully, we have a fun-filled weekend ahead of us!!  Tomorrow night we are having my cousin and her bf/our part time roomie over for an all appetizer dinner {I know J @ Workaholic Momma appreciates that!}, and then Saturday Gwen's cousin is turning 1!!!  Happy Birthday, Emily!!  Looking forward to relaxing :)

Some adorable-ness for ya!


xoxo.

8 comments:

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Oh poor Gwen! I know it is for the best though! I will be praying for her. I have to say that I love her shirt:)

brit said...

Loving the shirt! & praying for your baby girl!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Praying for Gwen's recovery and for your nerves to stay calm =)

Anonymous said...

Praying for Gwens surgery and recovery. Of course also pray for mommy and daddy as well. Will definitely be thinking of you Monday.

Natalie said...

I'll be praying for sweet little Gwen!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

How i Gwen doing? Thinking about you!

Amanda T said...

Praying for little Gwen. I'll be thinking about her tomorrow. I know its SO hard, but everything will be okay. ♥♥

the workaholic momma said...

Her shirt just cracks me up...and yes, appetizer dinners are the way we should ALWAYS eat:)

I wish we we lived closer and could bring you guys a meal tonight...I'm praying for you and precious Gwen - sending lots and lots of hugs you way. Hang in there, momma:)