Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

A Wicked Good Time

We're back! {From an awesome weekend, that is!}

Boston was an absolute blast, we had so much fun and did SO much!!!

We stayed in Cambridge {where they keep all the "wicked smaht" people}, and had tix to see "Comics Come Home," a stand up comedy event that benefits the Cam Neely Foundation. {They help cancer patients and their families during treatment}.  The event, held at Boston University,  is 17 years running and hosted by Denis Leary!  He brings along 8 other comedians, and they put on one hell of a show!!!  Funny is an understatement!

But that was only a portion of our trip...
Here's some of the stuff we did:

Sam Adam's Brewery Tour.

Free Beer :) Yummy!!

My brother Michael & his fiance Megan on our tour of Fenway Park

They let us walk on the field!

"Where everybody knows your name"

Mmmmm.. more beer :)

We shopped, saw the sights, talked in our best Boston accents {pahk the cah in hahvuhd yahd}, lol, and partied our little butts off!! 

It also was the first time in YEARS that we closed down the bars!  For real.  This Momma was out til 2am...  And I could not have felt older!! Boston is a huge college town and I swear we were the oldest people out at the bar... by far.  Haha. 

But, it rocked!  I am so glad that we went.  Boston is a beautiful city and I can't wait to go back!

I must say though, NOTHING compares to home.  Nothing.  I missed my little girl so much, I don't think that I have let go of her yet {well, except to sleep} and she has been seriously lovin' on her Momma too :)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend too!

xoxo.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Boston is a fun city! Glad you and the husband got some quality time and had a great time!

the workaholic momma said...

AAHH...Boston is such a great city!!!! Sounds like you guys hit all of the high spots...thats so cool you got to walk on the field at Fenway!!! I'm glad yall had such a wonderful weekend:)