Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

If I Step On Another Effin' Toy.

Ever have one of those days where you look around your house and think, "Who the hell did this to my home?" Or, as you are trying to accomplish simple tasks, you are brought to your knees in pain because some evil wooden puzzle piece(s) tried to puncture your foot?  Ugh.  Today is one of those days.  And it is only ten in the morning.

I can handle a lot.  Tantrums don't get to me {most of the time}, cereal spilled on the floor- no big deal, stickers on the walls... easy breezy., but if I step on another effin' toy, I may lose my shit.

For real.

Although, I'd prefer not to wear shoes around the house, it seems that going barefoot may just be a safety hazard.  Puzzle pieces, those devil-made building blocks, or even those 101 pieces of food that you so brilliantly told Santa it was cool to bring, are going to throw me over the edge some day.

Because they work together, those little, tiny, pieces.  They are placed in the perfect positions, randomly, to cripple you, just when you thought you stepped on the LAST one.  And it takes every last ounce of will power not to scream at the top of my lungs the foulest possible curse words I can think of... so instead I sort of just growl and hobble out of sight while secretly plotting how to make  sure that effin' little toy gets thrown away {though it never does}.

I know, I know, shouldn't I be blaming myself for these random things around the house?  Ok, maybe, yes.  But, that angel toddler of mine is hard to keep up with.  The minute one set of toys is picked up, another is stretched from one end of the house to the other.

So shoes it is.  Until I forget again, then BAM - they'll strike again.  Bastards.

Good thing she's cute... and gives amazing hugs :)










3 comments:

Natalie said...

Those blocks are the worst!

Katie said...

I was just screaming about this this morning, and I just bought a dust buster on amazon because if I step on another crushed puff I am going to throw myself off a bridge :)

Kerry said...

Hehehe I can so relate to this post!! Anyone with a toddler can relate lol
My issue is never having anywhere to sit!!!!