Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Saying Goodbye To 25 :: A Letter To My Brother

Michael,

     Happy Birthday, little {yet bigger than me} brother{mom always warned me that would happen one day, lol}!  It is so crazy to think that my baby brother is 26!!  Ugh, that also means that 30 is even closer for me!

     25 was a roller coaster of a year for you.  I think in a span of just 365 days, you had your highest highs and absolute lowest lows.  And yet, like we all knew you would, you persevered through it all.  It was hard to watch you face some of the hardest challenges and not always be able to fix it for my little brother, especially when losing Pop.  It hurt to know that someone you really wanted to be by your side at your wedding was taken from you just mere weeks beforehand.  Please know, that I would have done anything to make that moment happen for you.  

     On the other hand, it was so amazing to watch all of the accomplishments you have achieved this year.  You and Megan put together a really beautiful wedding.  It was such a special day, and I feel so lucky to have been a part of it.  Thank you.  And I am so proud of you for buying your first house and all of the hard work that you put into it.  It's beautiful and you both deserve nothing but the best.  Enjoy this time as newlyweds together, you will never get this alone time again.

     With all of that said, I think that you should gladly say goodbye to 25, thank it for the good memories, and look forward to what 26 has in store for you.  Keep embracing it all, and making the best of everything.  I am lucky to have you as my brother, and love you so much!  Hope that you have a great day and amazing year.


Love,
Your Big Sister


      


1 comment:

Ashley said...

happy birthday to your brother!