Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Year Without You.

Pop,

I cannot believe that it has been a whole year since you left this Earth.  I just can't.  I can't because, it doesn't seem like 365 days have passed already, yet, it feels like forever since I have seen your face, heard your voice, or given you a big hug and kiss.

Life isn't the same.  Just isn't.

Thankfully, my memory of you is always vivid.  Pictures.  Voicemails.  Videos.  All there to remind me, or lift me up when I am missing you so much.  It doesn't pale in comparison to the real thing, but it'll have to do.

I know that you are up there, watching down on us, all of us.  Our sweet guardian angel.

I hear your voice often.  Telling me that I know better than to chop veggies that way.  Calling me "Sammy" so sweetly and playfully.  Trying to get us all down to AC for a daytrip.  Telling me that you love me, in the most sincere and heartfelt way... makes me smile just thinking about it.

I hope that you are proud of us.  Us, being all your kids and grandkids, and great-grandkids {there's another on the way now :)}.  We have really stuck together.  We have lifted each other up.  Our bond has grown stronger, and it's all because of you.

Today is a hard day... it's no longer "new" that you are gone, yet the pain is still very fresh.  I'm sure that only time will be able to heal me.  I'll be thinking of you, more than usual today, so feel free to send some "signs" my way ;)

I love you and miss you more than I could ever put into words. I can't wait to see your face again.

Love Always,
Sammy

P.S. JJ and Michael took mom golfing today... I'm sure you'll be with them.

No comments: