Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Takin' It Easy :: Doctor's Orders

I shared with you guys that last week I passed out, probably from not eating lunch early enough, and that I hadn't been feeling "great" ever since.  I feel like I am constantly having to snack and make sure that I eat every few hours or else I start to feel like shit.

Today was my monthly visit with Dr. P, and I of course shared all the "happenings" with her.  She took some blood to check if I am anemic and to check for a few other things {we get the results tomorrow}, but she basically told me that I am doing too much.

Um, huh?!

Now, I am the first person to say that being a mom is a FULL TIME JOB, but to be honest, I don't feel like I am doing too much.  Ok, maybe my body does, but my brain does not.  Maybe because being a stay-at-home mom doesn't require  a certain degree or certification {although it probably should for some people}, and most people who aren't moms don't actually see that it IS a job.  I don't know.

Dr. P pointed out that we couldn't even have a conversation during the appointment without me having to address Gwen, or direct her in some way, even with Jason also in the room.  She reiterated that it's a job you never stop doing, that you never really get a "break" from.  One that takes more out of you than you sometimes know.

She also said that this pregnancy I don't seem as fresh and nourished.  And I have to admit, I don't feel it either.

Even though during my pregnancy with Gwen I was "working" and exercising more, I feel much more run down this time around.  I could nap every day if given the time to.  I am fine with things around the house not getting done so that I can sit and relax.  It's SO different than last time.

I don't want to be this tired.

I am praying that nothing is really wrong with me or the baby, and that the rest of this pregnancy goes by smoothly {and quickly}.  I am grateful to my husband who doesn't mind an untidy house or cooking dinner. 

For now, I am takin' it easy, just like the doctor ordered.

6 months preggo tomorrow...

No comments: