Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

...And A Pop In A Pear Tree

Yes, yes, I know... bad blogger.  But, cut me some slack... I just had a baby.  And I have a toddler.  AND it was the holidays.  SO, back up off me, will ya??  Today we finally returned to reality, no more Christmas activities (ok we still have ONE more, but that's not til the weekend), school started again, and we can finally try to get a routine going in this crazy house of ours.

Let me apologize for my absence, wish you a Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year first.  I hope that your Holiday season and celebrations were full of fun.  To say that our Christmas is BIG is an understatement.  Let me break it down for you this way...  

Gwen and Addie have:

Numerous Aunts and Uncles
4 Grandmothers
3 Grandfathers
3 Great Grandmothers
And a Pop (Great Grandfather)... in a pear tree.  Lol. 

So you can only imagine the amounts of gifts that come into our house... PLUS all the gifts that were brought for Addie's birth and for Gwen becoming a big sister.  Our house has been Giftapalooza since Addie was born... and it looks every bit the part.

Truth is, our girls are so loved (and spoiled) by our families, that Santa caught a bit of break this year.  

We didn't travel ANYWHERE this Christmas (THAT is a gift in itself), and we had many wonderful Christmases with each an every one... expect our nephew Carter and his Mommy and Daddy.  The sickies caught both of our houses, so we have had to reschedule... more than once.  Fingers crossed we all stay healthy and get to see them Sunday.






New Year's Eve we spent here, well, upstairs, with my besties {one lives upstairs with her husband, Jason's cousin}, and our kids.  Well, they obviously went to bed, but they were technically there.  It was simple and comfy {we all rocked our pjs}, just what we needed.  It was this Momma's first night of "partying" aka "more than one cocktail" and boy did my head hurt in the am.  Hangovers and children don't mix my friends.  They actually work against each other!  Anyway, we all survived and had a fabulous New Year.

I REALLY hope to be blogging more often, but I can't promise anything.  My free time, well, it doesn't exist.  And if it did, I can't say that I would spend all of it blogging, but I do love how this is a little online journal of our lives, so I'll do my best.

Hang in there, peeps.  Thanks!



3 comments:

Monica L said...

They are both so cute! sounds like a great NYE to me..aside from the hangover part, of course!

Natalie said...

I love the pics! Happy 2014!

Kerry said...

Great to hear you all had a wonderful Christmas/New Year together. It has been too long between posts for me and I hope to get back into blogging again on a more regular basis. It's harder as the littlies grow older and require more attention don't you think? Love the pictures, your 'girls' are absolutely adorable!! xo